|Prince George County & Howard County Championships|
Shreya Nalubola of Centennial Provides the Only Surprise With Her Win
The Prince George County Championship course at Ft. Washington Park is tough enough with "The General" staring the runners in the face at the two mile mark, but add in 86 degree temperatures and an unannounced course change and the day just got that much harder.
Shaun Allen of Forestville, Terrell Green from Douglass and Northwestern's Abel Estifanos were all running together until "The General" when the hill stopped Estifanos in his tracks and Allen and Green broke away. Allen picked up the pace over the last 800 to pull away from Green to win by almost 30 seconds in 17:11.
Team results for the boys were not available.
Charde Barnes of Bowie repeated her win from last year with an easy 20:50 victory. Barnes stayed in the pack for the first 800 meters and pulled away easily. She was never challenged during the race. Though official results were not available, Largo seemed to come away with the title.
1. Shaun Allen , Forestville 17:11
2. Terrell Green, Douglass 17:38
3. Abel Estifanos, Northwestern 18:17
4. Kidus Anerga, Bowie 18:18
5. Vernon Swanson, Oxon Hill 18:29
6. Michael Adeshoga, Northwestern 18:33
7. Duane Levy, Douglass 18:39
8. A. Ryan, Eleanor Roosevelt 18:40
9. Justin Bentham, CH Flowers 19:06
10. Antonio Dicosta, Oxon Hill 19:07
1. Charde Barnes, Bowie 20:50
2. Kayla Wright, Douglass 22:18
3. Deonni Farrar, Largo 22:19
4. Cayla Coleman, Largo 22:20
5. Imani Mather, CH Flowers 22:28
6. Ciara Scott, CH Flowers 22:38
7. Nina Johnson, High Point 22:54
8. Ces Coleman, Largo 23:07
9. Elise Allen, Eleanor Roosevelt 23:29
10. Chyna Sequeiro, Bowie 23:31
Howard County Championships
After the heat at the Howard County Invitational in September took its' toll on the runners, the pace of the first mile and a half on Tuesday looked like a post workout cooldown.
|Last Updated ( Monday, 12 November 2012 07:17 )|